Cobi Academy is our own teaching and knowledge center where we offer staff training, seminars on-site and online 1:1 seminars.
Cobi Academy gives you the latest updated knowledge and positioning solutions for e.g. bariatric rehabilitation.
We like to share our extensive experience with practical handling of bariatric patients with our customers. It is part of our quality policy that we pass on knowledge and ensure understanding of how our products are used optimally. Call us at +45 7025 2522 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Teaching and Research Cobi Academy, qualified OT from the Occupational Therapy School of Aarhus, Denmark, and trained Clinical Counselor from University College Copenhagen. At present Malene is studying a Master in Rehabilitation at the University of Southern Denmark. She is a founding member of the Danish Obesity Board and also member of the Education Committee at the University College Copenhagen, where she also serves as a supervisor for various bachelor assignments for students.
Malene and the field of bariatric
Malene has many years of extensive experience with bariatric patients and bariatric aids which stems from conducting numerous individual theme days, seminars and training courses for therapists, caregivers and nurses on a regular basis in nursing homes, hospitals, hospices etc. as well as congresses and exhibitions throughout Denmark.
– UNBC, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada, 2008
– European Seating Symposium, Dublin, Ireland, 2009
– Exposanita, Bologna, 2012
– ISORAM, Lake Louise, 2012
– Canadian Obesity Summit, Vancouver, 2013
– Respecta, Helsinki, 2013
– CSMC, Toronto, Canada, 2009 and 2013
– Bariatric Rehabilitation Congress, Danmark, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017
– Canadian Obesity Congress, Banff
– Summer School Dementia Bootcamp, VIA Aarhus
– Neuro rehabilitation conference, Copenhagen
Content of Staff Training & Bariatric Seminars
In the training Malene Alexandrowiz focus on recent research in the bariatric field and how this research can be translated into practice for therapists and specialized staff.
Her training covers aspects of:
– Definition and review of the different degrees of obesity
– Analysis of the different body types and shapes, with presentation of our XXL-Rehab Simulation suits
– The different shapes makes different needs and resources
– Choice of aid, customization and deployment of the bariatric aid
– Communication, observation and interview with the bariatric patient
– Individual targets, monitoring and possible new goals focusing on rehabilitation
– Measuring of the bariatric patient
– Physical environment
– Work and working environment for care givers
E-mail email@example.com if you want to know more about the Cobi Academy and the staff training & seminars we can offer you.